Memory leak in trunk?

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Sat Mar 12 09:00:43 CET 2011

Hi.

I've been running trunk on varnish-cache.org since yesterday (14:00) and
there a leak there. Turning off http_gzip_support seems to eliminate the
leak.

Reproducing the leak is quite simple. Just hammer varnish with a client that
doesn't send accept-encoding: gzip.

Per.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Dmitry Panov <dmitry.panov at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi Poul,
>
> I think I found the reason. I tried the same test but with
> http_gzip_support=off and it worked fine. tsung does not support gzip so
> varnish had to gunzip objects for it and this is where the leak appears to
> be. Hope it helps.
>

> On 11/03/2011 14:06, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> In message<4D7A1DC5.7030405 at yahoo.co.uk>, Dmitry Panov writes:
>>
>>  Both. The patch doesn't make any difference.
>>>
>> Ok, that makes it my department :-)
>>
>> Any indication what the leak depends on ?
>>
>> number of requests ?
>>
>> size of requests ?
>>
>> hit rate ?
>>

> --
> Dmitry Panov

Per Buer, Varnish Software
Phone: +47 21 98 92 61 / Mobile: +47 958 39 117 / Skype: per.buer
Varnish makes websites fly!
Want to learn more about Varnish?
http://www.varnish-software.com/whitepapers