Assert error in WSLR() on SLT_HttpGarbage

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Fri Sep 2 17:01:22 CEST 2011

Dumb questions:

1) is it a difficult task to provide a meaningful error message in the
crash report?
2) why not issue a 413 entity too large when some headers longer than
http_req_hdr_len, instead of crashing?

I mean is it normal behavior for varnish to crash in those
circumstances, or is it a bug?  I also had similar "assert" crashes
with varnish 2.1.

2011/9/2 Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>:
> In message <CAK6bCaz4OJXxogGVRsg0nq3JQwCKS1h0OQmmOBiA+NYM5dMuUQ at mail.gmail.com>
> , Jean-Baptiste Quenot writes:
>
>>With 3.0.1 rc1 I get the following crashes frequently:
>>
>>https://gist.github.com/1188467
>>
>>Is it related to HTTP/1.0?  I can't see a crash with HTTP/1.1.
>
> It is probably related to cookies longer than the http_req_hdr_len param
>
> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
> phk at FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
> FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe

Jean-Baptiste Quenot