VUG5 IMS presentation

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Wed Mar 28 07:23:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 03/23/12 04:48 PM, Adrian Otto wrote:
> versus Cache-Control with is treated relative to the Date: of the delivery.

Actually Cache-Control max-age is defined not only relative to Date:, but also
relative to Age:. So if that is set appropriately, also max-age specifies an
absolute point in time.

What this means for IMS is that we really need to update headers for the general
case, but Sky has rightly pointed out that we could further optimize for the
case that no header changes, which might be the only case for some setups (but
not for all).

Nils