[Varnish 3.0.2 + Chrome] Failed requests even with 200 OK status response

Leonardo Nickel leonickel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:24:09 CET 2013

Hi guys,

This is my first post in this group. Thanks for the community.

I'm facing some weird problem with Varnish 3.0.2 and Google Chrome. While
doing several requests, some of them are getting "failed" with "200 OK"
status response. In the "Developer tools" we get the "200 OK" with correct
request and response headers. It seems the image was retrieved correctly
from Varnish cache, but for no reason Chrome interprets this request as
"failed". I'm sending an attachment to give you an example of that.

Further infornation:
- i'm using connection keep-alive with timeout=20, max=15
- i'm passing Content-Length header from my backend, this seems no to be a
problem;

During my requests i can see the following lines in varnishlog:

10 Debug - "Hit send timeout, wrote = 20272/175697; retrying"
10 Debug - "Write error, retval = -1, len = 155425, errno = Resource
temporarily unavailable"

Searching on the web, i've found a couple of threads relating this problem
as "varnish trying to send a response for a closed connection by the
browser". But we are using keep-alive connections, so i've got confused on
this point.

Is there any configuration on varnish i'm missing? Or maybe should i pass
some additional header for Chrome?

Thanks in advance for the help!

--
Leonardo Nickel