Varnish Agent 2.0 released

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at varnish-software.com
Tue Jan 22 12:54:06 CET 2013

We just released the Varnish Agent 2.0. It's released under the same
license as Varnish. The source is available at github [1] and I've set up a
demo of it too [2]. Feel free to break the demo.

Debian Squeeze/Wheezy and Ubuntu Precise packages have been built for
convenience [3].

The Varnish Agent is a REST interface to the Varnish CLI and shmlog, adding
a bit of persistence to allow remote control of Varnish. Version 2.0 is
completely rewritten and can be considered a tech preview, as it doesn't
support any means of authentication yet. There are a number of well known
bugs, as is evident on the github issue tracker.

We'll be relying on this for our proprietary Varnish Administration
Console, but hopefully others can find it useful too.

Any and all feedback is welcome.

[1] http://github.com/varnish/vagent2
[2] http://84.209.194.23:6085/html/
[3] http://users.varnish-software.com/~kristian/agent/

- Kristian
PS: I am not a front end developer! My javascript/frontend code is probably
horrible.