Adding certain vmods to the distribution

Magnus Hagander magnus at hagander.net
Thu Jul 18 13:06:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Per Buer <perbu at varnish-software.com>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There are certain vmods that are really very useful. I think it makes
> sense to add some of these to the Varnish distribution so they will be
> readily available for all our users.
>
> In particular I'm thinking about the variable (variables in vcl), boltsort
> (querystring argument sorting) and cookie (cookie manipulation) vmods.
>
> What do you think?

+1 - or more if I get more votes :)

In particular, getting it included in the RPMs and DEBs will make a big
difference. I don't particularly care if they're in the source tarball, but
the fact that it's quite a PITA to get them installed if your starting
point is RPM or DEB is a real bummer today.

If they were either to be in the varnish package, or just there were an
extra package like varnish-modules or something like that available in the
same repositories, that would be extremely helpful.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/