what is the ttl?

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Wed Aug 27 21:19:23 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Nils Goroll <slink at schokola.de> wrote:

> would it work for you if you could write this as
>

> if (obj.maxage - obj.age >= 0s) {
>         return (deliver);
> }
> if (obj.maxage + obj.grace - obj.age > 0s) {
>          // Object is in grace, deliver it
>          // Automatically triggers a background fetch
>          return (deliver);
> }
>
> ?

Absolutely. I think it would be great to expose this to the user. I'm not
sure if the term "maxage" is crystal clear (also because it is used to
denote relative time in Cache-control) but I cannot say I have better
suggestions at this point in time. Deadline, maybe?

--
 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software

Winner of the Red Herring Top 100 Global Award 2013