Thinking about 4.1 softban/purges (yes, already...)

Martin Blix Grydeland martin at varnish-software.com
Wed May 7 20:38:53 CEST 2014

I don't think it's too much to add to a 4.0.x release, specially when we're
at 4.0.0 now. The changes are for the most part limited to pointer changes.
Only place with minor logic changes is for persistent, but that's pretty
experimental anyways.

But if it isn't for 4.0.x, then maybe it can be applied to 4.1 (in a dev
branch or when that time comes). I will use it for my project, and I'd
thought I'd share it now that it's done. Any feed back would be most
welcome, so I don't stray too far away from what will become 4.1.

Martin

On 7 May 2014 16:58, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> In message <CANTn4cpTA1ahdfLcKmAo8u93w0oNCkgPofYd2gf56YC=
> vMf7rw at mail.gmail.com>
> , Martin Blix Grydeland writes:
>
> >I think this sounds great!. As this change became a blocker for my current
> >project, I ended up implementing the change. Patch sent to the -dev list.
>
> Isn't it a bit brutal to slam a change like this into 4.0.x ?
>

> --

<http://varnish-software.com>*Martin Blix Grydeland*
Senior Developer | Varnish Software AS
Cell: +47 21 98 92 60