varnish-dev at varnish-cache.org: Swap flushes all objects in cache

Anand Shah anand at rediff-inc.com
Tue Nov 18 14:01:18 CET 2014

I have noticed this everytime the memory offload happens. This is not a crash or segfault; coz the service does not go down and it keeps in running which is also evident in the graphs shared earlier. I can see the same behaviour everytime when operating system swaps. Can you confirm if this is a ideal behaviour with varnish?

Regards,

     Anand