[master] c816cc1 Remove statoverride on uninstall/purge.

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Mon Feb 9 20:51:21 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:48:16AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> >     Having the extra line in statoverride that references a non-existing
> >     varnishlog user, makes dpkg very sad.
> The user isn't (and shouldn't) be removed on removal or purge, so I'm
> not sure how this would happen.

I spent a fair amount of hours spent digging into this.

When doing manual install and then remove on wheezy, I wasn't able to
see the behaviour. Is this what you are seeing as well?

Yet our wheezy build servers, where packages are installed/uninstalled
by sbuild, got into this state.

I relayed the patch to Stig (debian varnish maint.) and asked for
feedback. If you have any further insights, I'm happy to listen.

--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS