Jail, outstanding details

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Feb 18 20:19:58 CET 2015

In message <E1YOA12-0001ej-54 at project.varnish-software.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp
writes:

>    Move creation of workdir into jail code, and use the master HIGH/LOW
>    around socket operations which may be on reserved ports.

This is all presuming jail=unix which means Varnish was started as root.

I am uncertain if creating/opening the storage files should be done
at "MASTER_HIGH" (= root) or "MASTER_LOW" (= varnish user) privilege
level.

I'm sort of leaning "MASTER_HIGH" on general principles, but if anybody
has input, I'd like to hear it...