On tests

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon Mar 9 13:20:29 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at fastly.com> wrote:

> I'd argue that scheduling and collecting the results are different
> again.  Having varnishtest able to output TAP or similar and then
> having something that consumes that and feeds it into a database (and
> then a third tool to display/distribute this) sounds like a better
> design. (varnishtest already knows a bit about scheduling with -j and
> all that.)

I actually didn't know about varnishtest -j. So, yeah. I agree, if we
already to scheduling then this doesn't really add that much. There is
still the collection issue, but this is a more a system specific issue to
_our_ own testrig. And we might want run this tool there locally in order
to gather data on how the tests are performing.

--
*Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software AS