sample vmod for req body access & thoughts on req.body and BLOBs

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Mar 11 08:44:26 CET 2015

--------
In message <20150310160958.38363862 at m0048141.ppops.net>, "lee doolan" writes:

>> Part of the problem is that C is a shitty language to implement
>> iterators in (and we have like 4-5 different ones already, don't we ?)
>
>That makes it seem more like shitty programmers than like a shitty
>language.  It is a poor workman who blames his tools.

That bit of medieval wisdom has context which you seem to miss.

First of all, the word "workman" is not accidental, it is very
distinct from the word "master" (or "guild-member", depending on
your language).

Second it talks about excuses for work which _has_ been done
(shoddily), it does not talk about work not yet undertaken or
refused, because the master finds it unwise to attempt.

Finally, if you think I'm "a shitty programmer" I wish you good
luck finding better ones...