Test reporting and statistics.

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon Mar 30 10:53:40 CEST 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> --------
> In message <
> CAOXZevCv9Yrnj-+ELsdb9PAB70LVU6ghe7X8YaBbnUBBciLBUg at mail.gmail.com>
> , Per Buer writes:
>
> >You don't have to worry about. The perl bit is server-side. The only
> >changes (optional) to varnish itself is a new make target that runs a curl
> >command line to push the test-suite.log.
>
> Ahh... I thought you built the summary on the client.
>
> PS: Speaking of dependencies, instead of using curl, you could use
> varnishtest couldn't you ?

Currently the curl command does a form submission with a file upload to
push the data. This way I don't have to write the server component but I
can use a canned piece of softwar. varnishtest doesn't deal with web forms,
AFAIK.

This step is entirely optional and if someone doesn't want to install curl
in order to report the build log I wouldn't really worry about it. It will
be mostly used from the build servers and your laptop, I guess.

--
*Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software AS