Preventing dup backend names with dynamic backends in VMODs

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Nov 4 11:15:50 CET 2015

--------
In message <CABaBnj5Bs+6bLDej6=MhoXQx4Eafwvz5qgB9EsOOEHk+4JhGqw at mail.gmail.com>, Kacper Wyso
cki writes:

>Oh. I hadn't seen req.backend.name. I guess the type conversion is a
>little counter to my intuition too.

I'm not very happy about "req.backend.name", it is *very* magic and not
general to any other backend anywhere else in VCL.

The real fix would be to allow standardized (ie: builtin) methods on the
VCL_* types themselves, so that one could do things like

	$backend.ip()
	$backend.name()

etc.

Implementing it will take some VCC hacking