Varnish Improvement Proposals

Kristian Lyngstol kly at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Nov 30 13:27:19 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 09:40:49AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> As part of the general transition of the project, I have instigated
> a new VTLA:  VIP.

(...)

> The procedure is that we start ideas and discussions here on -dev,
> and if that gels into something I think is viable, I authorize the
> creation of a VIP to give the idea "somewhere to live" which is
> more manageable than the mail-archive.

I like this.

Would it make sense to also have VIP-pages for proposals/features that
are rejected? Having to reference what could be a lengthy mail on -dev
for old proposals is inconvenient at best. It would save us the trouble
of having to go through the same discussions every 1-2 years.

I was initially thinking of "stale-if-error" for example.

- Kristian