Varnish project autumn cleaning

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Fri Oct 30 10:49:32 CET 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 05:37:58PM +0000, Federico Schwindt wrote:
[..]
> One question that comes to my mind is what is going to happen with
> repo.varnish-cache.org after we move out of VS.
> Are we going to continue providing packages?

Consensus seem to be no on the package building.

Possible migration plan:
* We move tarballs of releases onto https://varnish-cache.org/source/ .
* https://repo.v-c.o/source/(.*) perm-redirects to https://www.varnish-cache.org/source/\1 . (for 6 months)
* We'll tar up the current /redhat and /debian and keep them in /source/ for 12 months.
* Access to repo.v-c.o returns with a 403 and "Repository discontinued, see http://blah/"

This way non-https repo.v-c.o can be handled in vcl_recv/synth with minimal
effort, wherever the site ends up running.

--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS