Continuous integration moves to Travis CI

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Sat Oct 31 09:34:34 CET 2015

Hi all.

I'm changing continuous integration system for Varnish Cache to the
online Travis CI system. (https://travis-ci.org/ )

Travis is integrated with Github, and can build on Linux and OS X.
We've been testing it on vmods and VC for a while, but not as the main
CI system.

Here is the new build job:

    https://travis-ci.org/varnishcache/varnish-cache

One nice thing about travis is that they build pull requests for us
automatically. Patch sets failing the tests will ble clearly marked as
such.

This also means that we will sunset the Jenkins CI instance that Varnish
Software has been running for the project. Basis for this is the same as
before, shifting priorities and no time to maintain it.

--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS