HTTP/2 workshop April 2016

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Wed Apr 20 18:56:35 CEST 2016

Hi all.

Martin, Poul-Henning, Guillaume and I have spent the day looking at
HTTP/2 and how we'll organize the work on the coming months.

We had a productive meeting and found a few modules that can be
developed somewhat in parallel.

Guillaume will continue his work on h2 in varnishtest. Martin will work
out a plan for how logging and VSL will look with H2. A performant
hpack implementation needs to be written.

The pipe proposal in the wiki was discussed and currently the wind is
blowing in the direction of no return(pipe) in h2.

We most certainly will need someone with access to production traffic
to run the H2 code on when it has been written.

Simple code shuffling to make room for H2 will happen in current git
master. Remaining code will be kept in other repositories until there is
something working to merge to master.

We'll revisit this again on the next VDD, presumably in June.

--
Lasse Karstensen
Varnish Software AS