autoconf madness

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Dec 8 08:08:17 CET 2016

--------
In message <4e44b962-fa73-10af-8bea-9aa940438c46 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writ
es:

>I understand that outer CFLAGS need to be passed to the inner configure for it
>to work, but why should the other configure need pass the CFLAGS it has itself
>determined?

About the only thing I have to contribute here is that I picked the
"distcheck" target because that's what DES told me ten years ago,
and Lasse repeated about five years ago...

If somethinge else makes more sense, I'm all for it.

Keep in mind that we don't actually need all vtest-contributors to run
the same target...