Release procedure documented in the wiki.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Feb 2 10:25:04 CET 2016

--------
In message <20160128125636.GA5462 at immer.varnish-software.com>, Lasse Karstensen
 writes:

>As requested, I've written down the steps necessary for doing a release
>in the wiki.

Thanks a lot, this helps our bus-quotient a fair bit.

One of the things we discovered in FreeBSD was that when we automated
our release making procedure ("cd /usr/src/release && make") people
started using it for their own in-house releases etc. and it became
a very popular feature with the devops crowd.

I'm not quite sure if the same would make sense for Varnish, but keep it
in mind.