Paper to think about...

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Wed Jun 15 10:50:07 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Nils Goroll <slink at schokola.de> wrote:

> On 15/06/16 09:48, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> > varnish-cli could be changed so that experimental params
> > don't show up by default with `param.show -l`, requiring a new flag like
> -x for
> > instance.

People tend to think the expert stuff is more powerful, and that they are
entitled to it.

I would drop the ones labeled "NB: We do not know..." and only enabled them
with a compile flag and make it very clear that the plan is to drop them
unless there's a relevant use case.

I vote against the comment changes, we would unnecessarily break VCL for
very little gain.

--
Guillaume Quintard