Varnish Project migration and mailing lists future

Geoff Simmons geoff at uplex.de
Wed Mar 9 19:11:40 CET 2016

On 03/09/2016 06:47 PM, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:

> I also worry about using SO as a support mechanism. Apart from the
> concerns that Dridi mentioned, there are other problems with the
> entire SO model of having questions answered.

To be honest, I only see a number of downsides to SO as a replacement
for -misc, and one upside: it's an alternative to setting up a new
mailing list, which is a PITA due to the joys of sendmail.cf and
combating spam.

And I don't blame phk at all for preferring to avoid that. You want a
mailing list to Just Work, and not consume a lot of time for
administration. But there are good reasons for concern that it won't
turn out that way.

I wish I could suggest a clever solution, but this is a bit of a dilemma.

Best,
Geoff
--
** * * UPLEX - Nils Goroll Systemoptimierung

Scheffelstraße 32
22301 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 2880 5731
Mob +49 176 636 90917