Somebody please write this for us...

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Mar 17 18:37:43 CET 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Dridi Boukelmoune <dridi at varni.sh> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
> wrote:
> > I have added a VIP5 for a remote test-reporting facility:
> >

> https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/VIP5:-Remote-test-run-reporting-facility
> >
> > Any thumb-twiddling devops out there looking for a good little project?
>
> Per wrote a varnishtest results aggregator, so maybe we only need machine
> time?

Yes, I did. I stopped working on it as varnishtest needed some outputs for
it to be useful. Uname output and uuid for the machine. Is it in place
(varnish doesn't seem to build for me now - OS X seems broken)? If the new
stuff is in place I can get it working again over easter.

I also chose a different transport (HTTP) compared to what I see PHK had
specified. Downside of that is that it is synchronous. The upside is that
it is much more likely to work as opposed to mail (working email doesn't
seem to be a hard requirement on unix anymore).

--
*Per Buer*
CTO | Varnish Software AS