Collapse libvarnish and libvarnishapi

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Tue Mar 22 00:13:38 CET 2016

> Why don't you want to collapse them to a single API library ?

Why? I believe someone coined the term bikeshedding :)

More seriously, that would make varnishd (and consequently VMODs)
link against the contents of the current libvarnishapi, which feels
backwards at least to me (and maybe Brinch-Hansens=)

If libvarnish consumers start linking against it, that means
libvarnishapi will link and tools authors will automatically benefit
from libvarnish's contents with no extra effort.

> Half their content is already shared...

They aren't really shared, libvarnishapi consumes half of libvarnish.
I don't think libvarnish consumes anything but libc and pcre. But if
you collapse them it should be under the name libvarnishapi to avoid
breaking everyone's pkgconfig.