[patch] "monotonic wallclock time"

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Thu Mar 31 18:32:19 CEST 2016

https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/issues/1874 somehow caught my
attention because years ago I made an attempt to suggest that we should use the
monotonic clock almost always.

So here's a suggestion for a simple interface which would allow us to still use
wallclock time, but make it partially monotonic based on a timestamp:
VTIM_ts_now() calculates a new wallclock time based on the monotonic clock delta.

I think there are some other places where we could just use monotonic
timestamps, but for the remaining timestamps this suggestion could be an option.

Nils