autocrap de-cargo-culting

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Sat Nov 26 14:40:26 CET 2016

> That's high on my list of things we don't need to worry about and
> consequently doesn't have to test :-)
>
> Feel free to de-cargo-cult as you see fit & when you see fit...

I gave a quick try to libraries detection [1] and I was wondering why
we bother with platform detection. For instance, do we care what
platform have libumem or jemalloc today? If we don't care, then
detection will fail just fine today and start working [2] as soon as
the libraries hypothetically appear on other Varnish-supported
platforms.

Dridi

[1] https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/commit/d6216cc
[2] to some uncertain degree of working