range/streaming of incomplete objects

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Sun Nov 27 20:35:01 CET 2016

Typo on page 3: "accessable"

Did I miss something or is the "Very Large Value" definition a bit fuzzy?

Overall, I'd prefer have the client use an open ended range, possibly
adding a header to say that it refuse/accept/requires aggregation.

And the server answer would just send 200, 416 or 206 + CL (no aggregation)
or 206 + chunked (aggregation). For HEAD requests, allow content range to
answer "1000-*/*" to say it allows an open-ended range starting at byte
1000.

Am I oversimplifying here?