update1: sub probe_resp - VIP RFC

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Tue Apr 18 10:25:56 CEST 2017

> So this is where I think all the dragons will be found:  Doesn't the
> backend implementation get any say in this?

I touched on that in the first thread. As of today probes only exist
for VBE backends.

> with dynamic backends, in particular dynamic backends speaking FOOPROTO
> rather than HTTP.

There is no probing mechanism for FOO backends/director, unless we
abstract the probes to make them usable with arbitrary
implementations. But I don't reckon the current behavior would be a
one-size-fits-all for other types of backends.

Dridi