RFC: first attempt at Unix domain sockets as backends

Geoff Simmons geoff at uplex.de
Tue Jul 11 13:12:36 CEST 2017

Hello again,

As with the listen addresses yesterday: this commit on a fork of
Varnish is a first attempt to implement UDSen as the connect address
for backends:

https://github.com/slimhazard/varnish-cache/commit/3ac2202de88ca18c9bc0a3d3b095fff1a53aaed3

And there are notes in the Wiki about the concept and issues worth
attention:

https://github.com/slimhazard/varnish-cache/wiki/First-implementation-of-backends@UDS

The idea is to have some functional code as a basis for discussion.

Comments are welcome, for which I am pleased to attempt to bribe you
with a round of beer at the next dev meeting (assuming that we'll be
having a next dev meeting).

Thanks,
Geoff
--
** * * UPLEX - Nils Goroll Systemoptimierung

Scheffelstraße 32
22301 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 2880 5731
Mob +49 176 636 90917