Varnish Code-freeze

Geoff Simmons geoff at uplex.de
Mon Mar 13 07:16:10 CET 2017

On 03/12/2017 11:14 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> We are now in *HARD* code freeze until the 5.1 release on
> wednesday.
>
> All commits outside the doc/ subtree requires my explicit OK, and
> the change will have to be important before I grant that.

Since I can't make it to bugwash today: the release docs -- What's
New, Upgrading and changes.rst -- are now first drafts, meaning that
they cover everything I thought worth mentioning that's new in 5.1.

I didn't know before last week that I'd be doing that, so I've gone
through the git logs since 5.0, and some of this is material that I
wasn't paying close attention to as it was happening, sorry about
that. Meaning that I could have easily gotten some things wrong.

So please feel free to review and correct the docs. I know I've
already said that a few times on IRC, but I'd rather say so too often
than not often enough.

Go ahead and change, add or delete as you see fit, don't feel
obligated to talk it over with me, I don't feel protective of anything
here.

One suggestion: I think that the VSL queries against VXID are a nice
enough "goodie" to warrant a section in What's New. And there may be
others.

Will someone be going through the release procedure that is set forth
here:

https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/Release-procedure

... ?

Best,
Geoff
- --
** * * UPLEX - Nils Goroll Systemoptimierung

Scheffelstraße 32
22301 Hamburg

Tel +49 40 2880 5731
Mob +49 176 636 90917