RFC for VIP17: unix domain sockets for listen and backend addresses

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Wed May 10 17:27:09 CEST 2017

>> So I say do it right from the beginning this time, and make it
>> possible to use relative paths and just change the uds_path parameter
>> when you have to.
>
> Define "when you have to", as I said earlier listen addresses are
> immutable once the manager is started. That's a condition that
> we must hold since we are to expose them in VCL.

Just when I decide to move to something else for the rest of the day I
get hit hard with this thought:

A uds_path would actually make sense for backend definitions, so
actually I'm not against the idea. For the reasons exposed previously
I still think we should stick to absolute paths on the client/listen
side.

Cheers,
Dridi