VIP18, change .vcc to .rst

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon May 15 08:59:25 CEST 2017

--------

I'm putting this VIP on hold for now, for the following three reasons:

I spent a day playing with sphinx/docutils extensions, and
while it is hairy, it certainly has potential for improving the
typography of our docs, but it will not materially add to the
informative content thereof.

The idea that the same file can be used as github README and
specification file dies with githubs (wise!) decision to not support
RST extension directives.

We have a handful of ideas in the pipeline (variables, counters
etc.) which requires us to extend the specification for VMODs in
as of yet unknown ways. Until we have some idea about what information
that needs to capture and what code it needs to produce, I'd prefer
to not add another level of complexity to our process.

Poul-Henning