calling for a new workspace sizing concept - Re: auto-tune ws / headroom poc

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Tue Jan 30 13:11:46 UTC 2018

On 30/01/18 14:08, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> Instead to new xxx_headroom knobs, why not recycle the existing workspace_xxx
> parameters to take their values _in addition to_ related parameters and maybe
> document it as such?

I wouldn't oppose to this option, but this would lead to a significant increase
of actual workspace sizes for those users who are unaware of the change.

Using new parameter names and making the old ones read-only would raise
awareness for the change.

My preference would be the latter, but I'm ok with the former if we reach consensus.

Nils