Making libunwind the default

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Mon Jul 6 22:36:29 UTC 2020

Hi all,

https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3052 was merged in
September and I was wondering if we had enough feedback (or lack thereof)
to make a decision and on making the libunwind dependency official.

All the weeklies are being built with libunwind since the end of October,
and the 6.4 packages on packagecloud. And the official alpine packages use
it too, which isn't surprising as the change was made to accommodate the
lack of proper libexecinfo for that platform.

Notably, if Nils has some feedback about the more "exotic" platforms he
uses, I'm interested!

Cheers,

--
Guillaume Quintard