*.body VMOD arguments

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Thu Jun 2 06:50:52 UTC 2022

Hi,

we have two VIPS related to body access:

* https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/VIP-30:-bereq.body_filters

  is about filters for the request body (which I am probably going to get to)

* https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/VIP14:-*.body-access

  is about a new way to create a synth body

But I can not remember if we ever talked about *.body as VMOD function/method
arguments? If we did, please remind me.

If not, I would suggest that we add those as a pointer to the respective
objcore. Because VCL_BODY currently is typedef'd as const void *, we would
need to change that and rewrite the existing VCC code for "VCL_BODY += ..." and
"unset VCL_BODY", but I see no fundamental problem with that.

Any ideas/comments?

Thank you, Nils