request body filters

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Fri Jun 3 14:56:24 UTC 2022

On 02.06.22 08:50, Nils Goroll wrote:
> we have two VIPS related to body access:
>
> * https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/wiki/VIP-30:-bereq.body_filters
>
>   is about filters for the request body (which I am probably going to get to)

Related to that:

Actually I think we are going to need two filters on the request body:

* a VFP on the way into the cache (where we might want to use the request body
with vmods and/or VCL)

* a VDP when sending it to the backend.

As a concrete example, one might want to uncompress the request body for vmod
processing, but recompress it for delivery to the backend.

Preserving the original request body would be another complication...

Nils