bugwash prep 2022-06-13

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Fri Jun 10 11:53:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

I will be on vacation next Monday and will try to join for bugwash, but if, for
reasons(tm), I don't, then here's the update from my end:

* https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3128 Add "via" backends
(with endpoint preamble)

I have added documentation, the PR is still ready from my perspective. It is
clear that the implementation will change as we progress further (e.g. for
adding CONNECT preambles, layering via-proxies or adding director support), but
this is still the first step.

* https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3553 std.now() and
std.timed_call()

I stand by my argument that we should add std.now() rather than change the
semantics of now. We need to agree on how to proceed and we can optionally
remove std.timed_call(), if that is controversial.

* https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3572 feature: Transit buffer

I have implemented the changes which we should add to avoid "polling" on the
condition variable. The argument for this change is in
https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3572#issuecomment-1143470754

* V1F, VFP_END, chunked processing, req.body access and caching.

I have done quite a bit in this area around Dridis PR #3798 and left a summary
in https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3798#issuecomment-1148576467

There would be more from my end, but any progress is good.

See you soon!

Nils