Planning for 1.0.4

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed May 9 17:12:56 CEST 2007

des at linpro.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) writes:
> I've gone through the entire changelog since r1288, and have concluded
> that I want all of it in 1.0.4.  Apart from the addition of inline C
> syntax to VCL and the ping_interval parameter, it's all bug fixes and
> increased reliability / robustness.

A little further down the road, there are additional bug fixes I want to
bring in: everything up to and including r1387, plus r1399.  I'll merge
these to branches/1.0 as soon as I feel confident about svnmerge.

I am also working on a set of guidelines for packaging Varnish.  I would
like Varnish to ship with the same default configuration on all OSes /
distributions, so we won't have to guess when a user comes to us with a
problem.  I have created a Wiki page for these guidelines:

  http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/OutOfTheBox

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav