Default ports

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at linpro.no
Wed May 16 16:14:26 CEST 2007

* Dag-Erling Smørgrav
> Considering that the existing Fedora and Debian packages already use
> 6081 and 6082 as the default HTTP and management port, respectively, I
> think I'll take the easy way out and canonicize these defaults.

Works for me.

We should probably change the name of the default vcl file to something
like default.vcl. This will not affect updating users of the Debian or
RedHat package, as this is an overrideable parameter in
varnish.defaults/varnish.sysconfig (which will not be overwritten).

I see Stig did some work on syncing the init scripts and default
parameter scripts today. I will look into this on friday.

I did a build of the 1.0 branch yesterday on RHEL4 and Fedora6. The
daemonizing function in varnishlog seems to work flawlessly.

Ingvar

--
Når alt annet feiler: Symlink