Package-building procedure

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed May 16 16:39:57 CEST 2007

I would like to have the following items documented for each
distribution we support (Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE):

 - assuming the only things that need changing are the version number
   and the changelog, which files need to be updated for a new release?

 - assuming all you have is the release tarball and the necessary build
   tools, which command(s) are needed to produce a binary package?

One additional question for OpenSUSE:

 - what do we need to include to allow OpenSUSE packages to be built
   straight from the release tarball?  I assume that it's not very
   different from Fedora, since OpenSUSE is rpm-based, but I know that
   the init scripts, at least, are different.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer