varnishlog

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at linpro.no
Thu Feb 14 11:49:11 CET 2008

* Dag-Erling Smørgrav
> I believe that both the Debian and RedHat packages enable varnishlog
> by default, is that correct?
>
> The problem is that varnishlog generates enormous amounts of data, and
> consumes a fair bit of CPU doing so.  Therefore, I think varnishlog
> should be disabled by default.

In the RedHat package, a startup script is installed and added to the
chkconfig system, but it is not started after installation, and it is
not set up to start automatically at boot time. The user has to do this
manually, like 'service varnishlog start' and 'chkconfig varnishlog on'.

The post update script restarts varnishlog (and varnishd) if it is running.

Ingvar

--
Buddha wears an iPod