Request for RH EL4 RPM 1.1.2

Fredrik Nygren fredrik.nygren at gotamedia.se
Tue Mar 4 11:01:24 CET 2008

The problem is solved. The missing piece was gcc-c++. When we
installed that package the build process executed without problems.
Thank you for your help.

Regards
<fredrik />

On 4 mar 2008, at 10.50, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

Fredrik Nygren <fredrik.nygren at gotamedia.se> writes:
> Easy even for me ;-) Apart from automake, autoconf and libtool the
> build process also wanted ncurses-devel.

Ah, right.  We removed that in trunk (it will just skip the ncurses
parts if you don't have it), but not in 1.1.

> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
> configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
> See `config.log' for more details.
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.47906 (%build)
>
> RPM build errors:
>    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.47906 (%build)
>
> I checked the config.log file and last log messages is:

The last log message is irrelevant, it's always the same.  What's
interesting is the error message that comes a few dozen lines further
up.  It would be easiest if you would just mail me the entire file.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer