PID file; VCL code generation

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Fri Oct 13 15:03:41 CEST 2006

"Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> "Dag-Erling Smørgrav" <des at des.no> writes:
> > Ideally, this would be farmed out to a helper script to allow easy
> > modification of the compiler command and parameters.
> No, it should just be a parameter.  We don't want to make
> Varnish dependent on a lot of auxillary files.

Some platforms may require more than a single command to produce a
loadable object; for instance, the object file generated by the
compiler may need processing with objcopy or ld or some similar tool.
Letting a helper script handle this is by far the easiest solution.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav
Senior Software Developer