PID file; VCL code generation

Christoph Schug chris+varnish-misc at schug.net
Fri Oct 13 15:37:30 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I have yet to see one single computer where the command to build a
> shared object could not be encoded in a single command line and
> therefore I see no reason to invalidate one of our goals for
> that reason.

I fully agree with you. What I was trying to say, if we have a facility
to call user-defineable external commands, it simply doesn't matter
whether this command is single line command or a somewhat more complex
command, which itself calls 'cc', etc. As long as there's a safe
default, just everybody can stick with it. Those (like me) who'd like to
define some non-default value can shoot in their feet with every flavor
they want. One of the nice features of a swiss army knife is that you
can retract the blades before putting it the pocket. But you don't have
too ;-)

-cs