Problem with varnish

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at linpro.no
Tue Oct 31 19:26:29 CET 2006

* Allan Jacobsen:
> I wanted to try out varnish, so I downloaded the RHES4 rpm, and have not
> had any problem installing it, but when I try to run with it, it does
> not seem to cache anything.....

There are some issues with varnish 1.0.1. A bugfix release 1.0.2 which
probably will fix at least your initial problems is in the cooking, and
will probably hit the sf mirrors "real soon".

For those who can't wait, consider building varnish from subversion, and
have a look at http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/Repository .

To build a rpm from a svn checkout, have a look at
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/browser/trunk/varnish-cache/redhat/README.redhat

Best regards, and thanks for trying varnish,
Ingvar Hagelund