VCL documentation

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Wed Sep 20 18:33:09 CEST 2006

Trond Michelsen <trondmm-varnish at crusaders.no> writes:
> I've just downloaded and installed varnish, and I was just wondering
> if the VCL config language is documented somewhere, or if there are
> any examples that I could use for inspiration.

I am working on a vcl(7) manual page, which will hopefully be included
along with a few bug fixes in a 1.0.1 release tomorrow or Friday.

Here's a wiki page with a config I've used to test how well a stock
Varnish install handles the major Norwegian online news outlets:

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/NorskeNettaviser

(Varnish is very flexible, but we want it to run well "out of the box"
so it will be useful in an emergency when you don't have time to read
the docs and write a config file)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav