cachefile

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 17:17:33 CEST 2007

>Every time I restart varnishd it needs to grab every
object again from
>the backend. Is this intentional because varnishd
does not like to
>save the objects to the disk?
>
>I know that varnish should not be restarted, but it
happens and then
>a nice built up cache is empty and needs to fill up
again.

Oh, what a shame... I had such high hopes for Varnish.
I am setting up a shiny new server (multi-cpu, FreeBSD
6.2) to run a busy Zope site that has so far cranked
out 300k+ pages currently residing in Squid's cache...

Yes, we give our Zope a workout and our quite
expensive pages basically don't expire. Squid has
performed very well, but Varnish promises so much
more!

For what it's worth, I cast my vote for persistent
storage in a future version!

Ken