Small varnish 1.1 test with openrealty and joomla. SOLVED

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Aug 1 00:26:19 CEST 2007

Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> Quoting Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at linpro.no>:
>
>> eculp at encontacto.net writes:
>>> AFAIK, it is passing what I am/was telling it in default.vcl.
>>
>> I'm not asking you to guess or speculate; I'm asking you to check your
>> logs.  Varnish does *not* use backend.host for the Host: header, it uses
>> whatever it got from the client.
>

> This is from the apache log:
>
> 127.0.0.1 - - [31/Jul/2007:16:33:22 -0500] "GET /favicon.ico
> HTTP/1.1"  404 209 "http://nuevo.ecomania.info/" "Opera/9.22 (X11;
> Linux i686; U;  en)"

Hi DES,

At the moment that I sent this email I caught the issue. The solution
is to NOT use 127.0.0.1 but to use the NameVirtualHost 189.129.5.82 in
the default.vcl.

This works for me:

backend default {
   set backend.host = "189.129.5.82";
   set backend.port = "8080";
}

Thanks again DES for helping me pull my head out of the sand "or where
ever it was;)

ed