1.1.1 progress

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Thu Aug 9 16:12:52 CEST 2007

I thought I'd let you know what's currently going on at our top-secret
underground Varnish R&D facility:

 - Poul-Henning has been working hard to resolve the stability issues
   and assertion failures some of you have reported (#136, #137, #138,
   #139, #140, #141 and #143 should be fixed, while #132, #142 and
   #144 are still being worked on) as well as working on 2.0 features.

 - I have been working on other bugs and build issues (#128, #130,
   #131 and #135 should be fixed, while #129 is still being worked on)
   as well as improving our test framework (and writing additional
   test cases) and trying to get Varnish to build and run reliably on
   Mac OS X and Solaris 10.

 - Cecilie will be back on Monday and resume work on 2.0 features.

 - I just merged a ton of bug fixes from trunk to branches/1.1.
   Please please *please*, if you are running 1.0.4 or 1.1 today, take
   the time to test branches/1.1 and let me know about any remaining
   bugs or regressions.  I would love to be able to close all
   outstanding tickets on 1.0.4 and 1.1 and release 1.1.1 on August
   20th.  Pretty please?  With sugar on top?

Thanks,

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav